Vegan Gravy Recipe
- 6 slices sprouted or whole grain bread, cut into cubes.
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed + 1/4 cup warm water, whisked together and allowed to thicken
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1-2 tbsp parsley
- Always say yes to seeing friends
- Eat breakfast every day
- Recognize that positive change rarely happens overnight
- Accept the fuck-ups, but try not to let them happen again
- There is a song to remedy every situation on the planet
- Appreciate the people in your life
- Look for the good in everything
- Try new things and try them often
- Treat yourself as well as you treat others
what if soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in spanish
Vegan Lemon Pancake Recipe
VEGAN PHILLY CHEESE SANDWICH
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips (use red an/or green peppers)
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- a few dashes chipotle or cayenne powder for heat
- salt to taste (I used Penzey’s seasoned chili salt 4/s)
- 1-2 tsp oil (EVOO, safflower or other to saute)
- optional: 1 small Anaheim chili, sliced (or any spicy chili - jalapeno works too)
- 2 Tbsp hatch chilies, diced (canned)
cheese: 2-5 Tbsp Teese vegan cheddar cheese
seitan: 3/4-1 cup seitan strips (WestSoy brand was used)
garnish: fresh cilantro, chopped, fresh tomato, sliced fresh chilies or jalapeno
1. Prep your rolls and warm in the oven to toast. Tip: brush inside and/or outside of bread with olive oil if you’d like.
2. Prep your veggies.
3. Add oil to skillet and heat over high heat.
4. Add peppers, onions and optional chilies. Cook until the edges begin to blacken and the onions begin to caramelize. Add in the spices, pepper and salt during cooking process.
5. When veggies are just about done, add in the cheese and watch it melt over top the veggies. Transfer this veggie / cheese mixture carefully to a sheet of foil or plate.
6. While pan is still hot, add another small splash of oil and add the seitan strips. Saute until the edges blacken. If your seitan is already seasoned (As mine was) you can just add in some extra spices to taste if desired. Pepper, spicy cayenne, nutritional yeast - whatever you’d like.
7. Add the veggies + cheese back to the hot skillet and toss with the cooked seitan. Remove from heat.
8. Add the filling to the rolls. Garnish with the fresh cilantro, tomato and green chilies. Pepper too. Serve hot!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2- 3/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil, if desired.